DISTRICT OF MAN (DOM)
i found this list on the internet.
it’s the Top 10 artistes who walk with a “District of Man” (DOM). What is a DOM? DOM just means an entourage comprised of many men. Here’s Chat’s top 10:
- Capleton – they say the Fyah Man carries a whole parish full of Bobo Shantis wherever he performs. Some wave flags, some stand around, presumably as bodyguards
- Bounty Killer – the Poor People’s Governor probably has the most homophobic lyrics, but he’s always surrounded by a “sea of man” wherever he goes
- Sizzla – wherever he is, it seems the entire Judgment Yard – his soldiers – are there with him. Just ask Norris Man who felt their wrath last year at Capleton’s show after he said something about Sizzla’s mother.
- Vybz Kartel – “Addi the Daddy” is always surrounded by many “sons” from the Portmore Empire and outside
- Mavado – The Gully God’s army of “Cubans” from Cassava Piece ensure that he’s protected wherever he goes
- Turbulance – as with Capleton, always surrounded by many Bobos
- Sanchez – the only singer on the list
- Junior Gong
- Fantan Mojah – another bobo DOM
- Junior Reid – yet another bobo DOM
POSTED IN: Blog